Springtime Berries & Cream Muffins
This is my favorite time of year!
Strawberry season – and picking them fresh! Just a perfect excuse to whip up some yummy berries and cream muffins!
My boys were so excited to go strawberry picking eating.
They are the best when fresh picked and warmed by the sun!
The problem wasn’t where to stop – but when – we just kept picking and picking!
Here is a yummy recipe to enjoy with your spring berries!
Berries & Cream Muffins
½ cup strawberries, slightly under-ripe, diced
½ cup blueberries
1 tsp sugar
¼ cup butter
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tbs powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or line a 24 cup mini-muffin pan, or 9 cups in a 12 cup regular muffin pan.
2. Put both berries in a bowl, sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar on and stir gently to combine.
3. In a stand mixer place in sugar and butter and cream together with the paddle attachment. Then add in the sour cream, vanilla and egg and mix well. Then add in the dry ingredients (except the powdered sugar) and mix on low until just combined.
4. Gently fold in strawberries.
5. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Place pan on a wire rack and leave for 5 minutes. Take out muffins and continue cooling on the wire rack. When muffins are completely cool, sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.